- Design, build, improve, and innovate order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the large-scale supply chain network.
- Manage, design, and implement integrated automation projects with system elements such as high-speed sortation, multiple conveyors, package lines, and/or robotic work cells.
- Design any non-standard structural support.
- Develop proposal drawings and quote documents for new project requests from customers.
- Modify, critique and release layout designs per customer and Quintec Integration specifications and standards.
- Identify and communicate needs for design improvements.
- Conduct site-visit and coordinate with on-site engineers to understand the project scope and existing layout of the floor.
- Collaborate with automation, controls and install teams to create design layouts for the project.
- Work with material procurement team for creating BOMs and successful acquisition of materials.
- Support project installation by creating detailed installation and layout drawings.
- Develop in depth understanding of all facets of material handling to include equipment, suppliers and applications.
- Troubleshoot design challenges and change orders through the projects to ensure smooth flow and peak performance.
- Developing required documentations for project submissions including Engineering manifests, As-Builts, technical reports etc.
- Obtain multiple accurate quotes for all aspects of the project. Provide all necessary information to vendors in order to receive fast and accurate quotes.
- Present quotes in an understandable manner for bid estimation.
- Meets cost standards by preparing cost-benefit analyses, tracking, and reporting expenses.
- Timely completion and submission of designs to customers and suppliers to meet project deadlines.
- Provide feedback and insight for continuous process improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers and installers.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer Relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Creativity – Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Total Work Systems (e.g., TQM/ISO/Six Sigma) – Is dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data; is willing to re-engineer processes from scratch; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
To ensure a safe and secure environment, all employees are expected to be aware of and adhere to Corporate, Location and Job specific safety and security procedures. To include but not limited to utilizing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and utilizing safe equipment operation and material handling techniques. In addition, they are expected to determine the appropriate action beyond written guidelines, report potentially unsafe conditions and inform management of incidents in a timely manner. Supervisors are also responsible for enforcing and modeling safety protocols and best practices.
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college in a related field of study and 3+ years of related industrial experience and/or training. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent at the discretion of Human Resources and the hiring Manager.
Certifications, Business Licenses, Registrations
Preferred: PMP; Six Sigma; MBA
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully individuals must be proficient on a personal computer and have knowledge of AutoCAD, Project Management Software, and MS Office Suite.
Other Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
Infrequent (10%) required business travel. Valid driver’s license required.
Quintec Integration, Inc., is a leading conveyor and material handling systems integrator. Our office features an employee-centric environment complete with two massage chairs, 12 UHD televisions, indoor basketball court, full kitchen, 2,300 sq. ft., a fitness center with private showers, and more. Since its creation in 1999, it has become the quintessential choice for small businesses, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies nationwide.